Finger Lakes 2013 Tour - Part 2

Sorry for the delay, y'all.

I'm happy to report that I've been so busy wrapping myself up in music in the last week that I've had very little time for social media.

I was very fortunate to spend the last week teaching instrumental music to Elementary students in the Philadelphia area. It's been a long time since I've worked with younger students and it was so rewarding! I also got to Philly a little early to see an old friend, Etienne Charles, in a concert last Saturday. He's celebrating his 4th album release. (Yes, four albums. He is amazing!)  If you don't know him, check him out on iTunes NOW. Also, a quick shout out to my two friends, Rachael and Rob, each of whom hosted me for a portion of the last week.

Now, to finally finish out my Finger Lakes Tour.

After leaving Ithaca, I spent a few days in Waterloo to catch up with family and on the drive back to PA, I planned stops at Watkins Glen (a Gorge/Waterfall at the southern tip of Lake Seneca) and the Corning Museum of Glass in Corning, NY.

Although Watkins Glen is a real workout (over 800 steps), I was disappointed in the scenery, especially compared to the splendor of Ithaca. I did, however, thoroughly enjoy walking downtown. There are beautiful lake views, renewed industrial spaces, and sandwich shops and cafes. (OH, and one of those Zoltar Machines as per the movie BIG.)

Downtown Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen State Park



Now, off to Corning.


Without a doubt, the highlight of my trip back to PA was the stop at Corning Museum of Glass. I spent over 2 1/2 hours there and I could have easily stayed another 2 - there is so much to do and see it's incredible. There are live demonstrations, hands on activities, and enough placards for even the geekiest of people to geek out to. To top all that off, they have some great galleries. My favorite was the contemporary glass gallery. I was lucky that I visited during off peak hours, so I spent a solid 30 minutes in there by myself save the older gentleman who sits in the corner and watches to make sure you don't break anything. Here are some highlights from the gallery.







That's all for now!

Au revoir, y'all.

SwissMissD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates - November and beyond

Best of Birmingham Part 2 - Food and Drink

Les Chateaux!