Amsterdam



I wanted to take a long overdue moment to post a few photos and thoughts on my trip to Amsterdam in February.

I felt incredible in Amsterdam. I was sketching, writing, reading, and just otherwise very happy there. I think it's a great place for people with diverse interests; you can find everything from serene biking around the canals to recreational drugs (if that's what you're into, of course) to museums, design, and music.

Of all my travels so far, Amsterdam is the place I felt most at home; safe, creative, and energized.



Highlights of my trip included:
Rijksmuseum - The Dutch National Museum showcases the masters of art in a newly renovated and recently reopened tour de force.
Van Gogh Museum - I spent Valentine's day at the Van Gogh Museum. He was my date. Did you know he produced all of that amazing work in only 10 years of painting? Neither did I. Badass.
Tip: Order a ticket for a timed entry online and avoid the queues.
Flower Market - A memorable part of a stroll around the city.
Bibliotheek - I cannot say enough about the public library. Don't laugh (or laugh if you want), but...I spent my Valentine's dinner in the 7th floor cantine. Great food, the best view of the Grand Canal, and an amazing atmosphere filled with people doing all sorts of work and research. Worth a visit, honestly.






Want to see more photos from this trip? Visit my album here.


A la prochaine,

SwissMissD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates - November and beyond

Les Chateaux!

Best of Birmingham Part 2 - Food and Drink