Updates - November and beyond


I've been told time and time again here that November is the longest month of the academic year.


Too many clouds, too little sun.
Too many classes, too little breaks.
Too many men with overgrown facial hair...


It is, by all accounts, true.

(Actually, the facial hair is pretty cool. Go, Movember!)


Anyway, in order to break up the month, I planned my first two out of country trips at the start and mid point of the month.

First, I joined a friend for a shopping extravaganza in Bristol, UK, on the last weekend of October. Along with spending some of my hard earned Francs, I met lovely people, visited the Clifton Suspension Bridge, and experienced the wet and blustery weather that England is known for (ok, that part wasn't all that exciting for me). All in all, it was a lovely trip and came back with lots of goodies!

The Clifton Suspension Bridge

In mid November, I traveled to Stresa, Italy, on Lago Maggiore. This delightful little town was in the deepest depths of its off season at that point, which means things to do were limited. However, the small cafes, wine and cheese shops, and Borromean islands were nice to explore. I also hopped over to Milan one evening just to have dinner - although in retrospect I should have done some research - I had absolutely no idea where to go once I got off the train. :)

Enjoying the Italian Cafes.

Leaving Isola dei Pescatori (One of the Borromean Islands) by boat.

Boats on Isola dei Pescatori.



Now, off to December.

It is amazing how the weather changed so quickly here in Leysin. November was very cloudy and a bit gray. On the 1st of December, however, I recall taking a long walk to bask in the sunshine. December, by all accounts, has been lovely in that regard.

Skiing in this beautiful environment is beyond description. I got to enjoy 3 days on the slopes before departing for holiday - all characterized by abundant sunshine and crisp Alpine air.

I also had the opportunity to try Curling for the first time. I'm pretty terrible at it at this point, but I really enjoyed it.

   
Kelly goes Curling.

A la prochaine,

SwissMissD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Birmingham Part 2 - Food and Drink

Les Chateaux!