Je suis arrivée en France.


I have arrived in France.

Today was, I imagine (albeit hope) the hardest day of travel I will face this summer for several reasons. 

First, I have an additional bag. Whereas I've committed to traveling through 5 European capitals with only a 35 liter pack for the last leg of my summer travels, I'm staying in France to study for a full month and simply wanted more stuff while I'm here. I agonized over what to bring, and finally decided that having an extra medium-sized suitcase would do just fine so I had more clothing and toiletries for my extended stay. Luckily, I also have a plan to get all this extra stuff home before departing directly from here for the last "35L only" part, but more on that later. Anyway, this, along with said 35L pack and a purse came with me today. And that's just more gear than I'm used to lugging around.

And, that bag was meticulously packed to maximize my flight allowance - aka HEAVY. 
How much is the airlines hold baggage weight limit, you ask? 20 kilos. How heavy was that bag? 19.8 kilos. Nailed it!

Second, Tours looks close to Leysin on that map but...

Not by public transport. 
8am: Two trains from Leysin to Geneva airport
Noon: Flight to Paris
2pm: Airfrance bus from Paris-Orly to Montparnasse station
315pm: Train to Tours
430pm: Walk hastily to language school (bags in tow)
5pm: Pick up welcome packet and wait for taxi
5:40pm:......

Third, "Il n'y a pas de taxis dans ce secteur"

The taxi never came. So, I walked. Tired and hungry, arms full of bags. But I made it and have since located a kebab shop, unpacked my two bags, and got the wifi working.

Mission accomplie.

A la prochaine,

SwissMissD


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates - November and beyond

Best of Birmingham Part 2 - Food and Drink

Les Chateaux!