Halfway point

I've just crossed the halfway point of my capital cities tour.

A few realizations:

Traveling to Berlin post-Paris: it works! 

For all the inconceivably grand buildings, manicured lawns, and giant rues of Paris, there are equally off-beat, hidden, overgrown, and funky bits in Berlin. Although I have always loved Paris and will most likely go back again and again, I felt a huge sense of relief when I arrived in Germany and was greeted by overgrown lawns, ample graffiti, and welcoming locals guzzling bottles of beer on the street. I recommend something like this if you're prone to getting burnt out from seeing the same thing over and over, no matter how beautiful or magnificent it may be. 

Manicured greatness in the Tuileries Garden, Paris.

Not so manicured greatness in Berlin.



I should be exercising more.

I was doing quite well and feeling mostly normal in body until a few days ago, when I'm sure the sausages, beers, and potato products of Germany and Czech Republic and the odd sleeping and dining schedule finally caught up with me. So today I took my swollen body for a run and I'm already feeling better. I've vowed to do something every other day for the rest of the trip. Here's hoping! 

I'm under budget!

This is something I never thought I would write, but as of today I'm well under my "basic" budget. I also set aside some not-so-basic funds in case of emergency or some splurge, but those remain untouched. 

Hostels are just fine!

In fact, the one I'm staying at in Prague is better than fine. I've met loads of great folks and have been sleeping great!


Hostel in Prague. Love it here! 


That's all for now.

SwissMissD




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates - November and beyond

Best of Birmingham Part 2 - Food and Drink

Les Chateaux!