Exploring NE Italy

After spending some time in PA with my family for the holidays I spent a quiet week in Leysin and then headed to North East Italy to visit with two friends from Florida.

First, the flight from Geneva to Venice is the most beautiful I've ever been on. You fly directly over the Alps and it is truly breathtaking.

Glad I had a window seat!

Next, I have to thank my hosts, Kate and Paul (and Daisy Mae), for their incredible hospitality. It was really lovely staying in their cozy guest room, enjoying some K-cup coffee, and snuggling with their adorable dog Daisy Mae.



One of the best things I did on my visit was learn to cook Frico, a regional dish, from the lovely and lively Italian, Teresa. Using Montaso cheese and potatoes, we created a filling dish that I've since recreated at home. Oh, and there was wine and blueberry Grappa, too. ;)



Now, off to Venice. I really enjoyed visiting Venice in the winter months because there were very few crowds. It is a beautiful city and there were lots of great shops to explore. My favorite moment was catching the sunset near the water where all the gondolas were docked.






Lastly, we also visited Sacile, a small town in the Fruili-Venezia-Giulia region of Italy close to where I stayed.





That's all for now!

A la prochaine,

SwissMissD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates - November and beyond

Les Chateaux!

Best of Birmingham Part 2 - Food and Drink