Amalfi Coast Cultural Trip

Each semester, students at LAS go on "Culturals" - 4-6 day school sponsored trips that highlight a particular discipline or region. In the fall, I served as a faculty chaperon in Zurich and Luzerne. This spring, I was fortunate to visit Sorrento, Capri, and Pompeii on the Amalfi Coast of Italy.


I was blessed with exceptional students, amazing weather, beautiful views, and wonderful staff for this trip.  Oh, and the food. So much amazing food.



Amalfi Coast Highlights:


Unbelievable Views

From the train - overlooking Tuscany.
In Sorrento
On the island of Capri



Me in Capri

More views of Capri.

Me enjoying the rocky cliffs of Sorrento.


Pizza, Pasta, and Parma Ham...

... and Gelato, and Lemons, and...the food here is delicious!

Left: Pizza Party on Day One - we had 3 of those! (And Pasta and Bruschetta!) Top Right: Bruschetta and Parma Ham with Melon in Capri. Center Right: Meringues the size of my hand! Bottom Right: Lemon products!

Gelato. The pistachio was my favorite!

This specific section of the gelato selection caused me great stress. Coffee, Ferero Rocher, Hazlenut, Kinder Bueno, Nutella, and Chocolate Mousse all in one place. Help me!!!!

 

Pompeii 

What can I say about Pompeii?

It was overwhelming.
I teared up.
I geeked out.
I didn't want to leave.

At the entrance to a home in Pompeii.

Entering Pompeii.


Panorama of the Temple of Apollo.

Inside the baths.



Panorama of the gladiator training grounds.

Overlooking Pompeii from the entrance.

Learning about the Roman equivalent of the fast food restaurant.

Inside the baths.

Getting a history lesson from our guide.





That's all for now.
A la prochaine,
SwissMissD

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates - November and beyond

Best of Birmingham Part 2 - Food and Drink

Les Chateaux!